NEW FRANKEN, Wis. (AP) - Crews have rescued eight fishermen from the ice of Green Bay.
The New Franken Fire Department was called to Bay Shore Park around 9:40 a.m. Monday An ice floe had broken away, stranding the people in two groups.
Two more fishermen had jumped the crack and were able to get off the ice by themselves. The rest of the fishermen were brought to shore around 11 a.m.
Rescuers say one chunk of ice was about the size of a football field. The other was larger.
No one was hurt.
WLUK-TV reports the U.S. Coast Guard and the Brown County sheriff's office helped in the rescue.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser