NEW FRANKEN, Wis. (AP) - Crews have rescued eight fishermen from the ice of Green Bay.
The New Franken Fire Department was called to Bay Shore Park around 9:40 a.m. Monday An ice floe had broken away, stranding the people in two groups.
Two more fishermen had jumped the crack and were able to get off the ice by themselves. The rest of the fishermen were brought to shore around 11 a.m.
Rescuers say one chunk of ice was about the size of a football field. The other was larger.
No one was hurt.
WLUK-TV reports the U.S. Coast Guard and the Brown County sheriff's office helped in the rescue.
- Holmen man sentenced for 2015 murder
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse
- Herberger's moving into former Macy's location in La Crosse