LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The 7th Annual Three Rivers Roleo Log Rolling Tournament on Saturday, August 9 at the Great River Landing in Onalaska.
The tournament is the second highest ranked tournament in the Midwest for professional rollers and has been organized for the past seven years by professional roller and UW-La Crosse alum Katie Rick. Rick will be participating alongside UW-L alum Emily Christopherson and UW-L student Leah Burns.
For the first time, professionals will be competing in spiked shoes on Western Wed Cedar logs which allows for traction and action-packed rolling.
Competing at the tournament is nine-time men's world champion, J.R. Salzman, along with three past women's world champions: Gretchen Greene, Jenny Atkinson and Shana Martin.
Amateur division begins at 10 a.m. and professional division begins at 2:15 p.m. Admission is free to spectators.
The tournament is a partnership with the Onalaska Enhancement Foundation and Onalaska Park & Recreation and is sanctioned by the US Log Rolling Association.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Minnesota city to unleash goats on invasive plants