LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The 7th Annual Three Rivers Roleo Log Rolling Tournament on Saturday, August 9 at the Great River Landing in Onalaska.
The tournament is the second highest ranked tournament in the Midwest for professional rollers and has been organized for the past seven years by professional roller and UW-La Crosse alum Katie Rick. Rick will be participating alongside UW-L alum Emily Christopherson and UW-L student Leah Burns.
For the first time, professionals will be competing in spiked shoes on Western Wed Cedar logs which allows for traction and action-packed rolling.
Competing at the tournament is nine-time men's world champion, J.R. Salzman, along with three past women's world champions: Gretchen Greene, Jenny Atkinson and Shana Martin.
Amateur division begins at 10 a.m. and professional division begins at 2:15 p.m. Admission is free to spectators.
The tournament is a partnership with the Onalaska Enhancement Foundation and Onalaska Park & Recreation and is sanctioned by the US Log Rolling Association.
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Pocan no longer attending inauguration
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- New faces breathe new life into debate on Sunday booze ban
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Rodgers appears on cover of Sports Illustrated