VIENNA, WI (AP) - Dane County authorities say a barn has been destroyed in a late-night fire, killing 75 calves. No people were hurt.
Fire departments from Waunakee, DeForest, and Dane responded to the fire Saturday about 10:15 p.m. in the Town of Vienna. They found a calving barn fully engulfed in flames.
The structure is considered a total loss. Damages and losses are an estimated $100,000.
The sheriff's department says an initial investigation suggests the fire was caused by an electrical issue, and is not considered suspicious.
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Pocan no longer attending inauguration
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- New faces breathe new life into debate on Sunday booze ban
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday