VIENNA, WI (AP) - Dane County authorities say a barn has been destroyed in a late-night fire, killing 75 calves. No people were hurt.
Fire departments from Waunakee, DeForest, and Dane responded to the fire Saturday about 10:15 p.m. in the Town of Vienna. They found a calving barn fully engulfed in flames.
The structure is considered a total loss. Damages and losses are an estimated $100,000.
The sheriff's department says an initial investigation suggests the fire was caused by an electrical issue, and is not considered suspicious.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building