ST. CLOUD, Minn. (AP) -- Seventy Minnesota families are especially thankful this year, as their soldiers returned safely from Iraq this week.
The troops arrived home Wednesday and were welcomed at a ceremony in St. Cloud. The soldiers are members of the Company B, 2nd General Support Aviation Battalion, 211th Aviation Regiment.
A St. Cloud Times report says the unit spent a year in Iraq to support the drawdown of troops.
One soldier was Nate Foster of St. Cloud. When he left a year ago his son was 4 weeks old. Now that he's a 1-year-old, Foster says his main job now is to figure out how to be a dad.
Cody Gallmeier of Foley is looking forward to surprising his extended family on Thanksgiving. Only his closest family knows he's home.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016