ST. CLOUD, Minn. (AP) -- Seventy Minnesota families are especially thankful this year, as their soldiers returned safely from Iraq this week.
The troops arrived home Wednesday and were welcomed at a ceremony in St. Cloud. The soldiers are members of the Company B, 2nd General Support Aviation Battalion, 211th Aviation Regiment.
A St. Cloud Times report says the unit spent a year in Iraq to support the drawdown of troops.
One soldier was Nate Foster of St. Cloud. When he left a year ago his son was 4 weeks old. Now that he's a 1-year-old, Foster says his main job now is to figure out how to be a dad.
Cody Gallmeier of Foley is looking forward to surprising his extended family on Thanksgiving. Only his closest family knows he's home.
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Prison launches service dog training program
- Heart disease survivor pushes forward
- Flooding affecting Memorial Day camping in La Crosse
- Father-son team arrested in Chicago-to-La Crosse drug trade, police say
- La Crosse Valley View Mall for sale by property owner
- Emergency responders take part in mass casualty drill at La Crosse airport
- Gehl Foods distributed nacho cheese linked to fatal botulism
- Bennett getting acclimated quickly to Packers
- La Crosse Center approves 10-game schedule for pro basketball team