ST. CLOUD, Minn. (AP) -- Seventy Minnesota families are especially thankful this year, as their soldiers returned safely from Iraq this week.
The troops arrived home Wednesday and were welcomed at a ceremony in St. Cloud. The soldiers are members of the Company B, 2nd General Support Aviation Battalion, 211th Aviation Regiment.
A St. Cloud Times report says the unit spent a year in Iraq to support the drawdown of troops.
One soldier was Nate Foster of St. Cloud. When he left a year ago his son was 4 weeks old. Now that he's a 1-year-old, Foster says his main job now is to figure out how to be a dad.
Cody Gallmeier of Foley is looking forward to surprising his extended family on Thanksgiving. Only his closest family knows he's home.
- Wisconsin state schools superintendent field to be narrowed
- Green Bay's mayor survives removal petition
- News 8 Investigates - Watching the Watchers
- Looking ahead: Spring road construction
- Groomer accused of kicking dog gets 2 years of probation
- Winter thaw reveals needles in streets
- Truck driver fatally crushed by pipe near Minneapolis
- Driver identified in bizarre car crash Sunday
- Man puts meth in tip jar and cash
- Warm weather creates dangerous ice conditions