MAUSTON, Wis. - A 51-year-old was arrested Sunday morning for his ninth drunken-driving offense, according to a release.
Wisconsin State Patrol troopers stopped three vehicles traveling 85 miles per hour eastbound on Interstate 90 around 9:15 a.m., officials said.
One trooper stopped the two lead vehicles while another one stopped the last vehicle, according to the release.
The trooper with the last vehicle noticed the driver was upset and nervous, officials said. He also detected the odor of intoxicants in the vehicle.
The driver, Gary T. Sueppel, 51, of Elmwood, was arrested without incident on charges of operating a motor vehicle under the influence, according to the release. He was taken to a hospital in Mauston for a blood draw and then booked into Juneau County Jail.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser