MAUSTON, Wis. - A 51-year-old was arrested Sunday morning for his ninth drunken-driving offense, according to a release.
Wisconsin State Patrol troopers stopped three vehicles traveling 85 miles per hour eastbound on Interstate 90 around 9:15 a.m., officials said.
One trooper stopped the two lead vehicles while another one stopped the last vehicle, according to the release.
The trooper with the last vehicle noticed the driver was upset and nervous, officials said. He also detected the odor of intoxicants in the vehicle.
The driver, Gary T. Sueppel, 51, of Elmwood, was arrested without incident on charges of operating a motor vehicle under the influence, according to the release. He was taken to a hospital in Mauston for a blood draw and then booked into Juneau County Jail.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure