AUSTIN, Minn. - Five people were injured, including two critically, after shots were fired in the parking lot of a southern Minnesota events center.
The Rochester Post-Bulletin reports the shooting happened early Sunday at the Lansing Corners supper club, a one-time diner near Austin that is now an events center. The shooting happened after a hip-hop event.
The names of the injured were not immediately released. Officials say a Rochester resident and a Sioux Falls, S.D., resident were critically hurt with gunshot wounds to the chest.17368186
Investigators are trying to figure out what happened. So far, witnesses and victims are not cooperating, or are claiming they didn't see anything. There have been no arrests.
Gang activity was not being ruled out.
Officials say there were at least two guns involved.
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Pocan no longer attending inauguration