AUSTIN, Minn. - Five people were injured, including two critically, after shots were fired in the parking lot of a southern Minnesota events center.
The Rochester Post-Bulletin reports the shooting happened early Sunday at the Lansing Corners supper club, a one-time diner near Austin that is now an events center. The shooting happened after a hip-hop event.
The names of the injured were not immediately released. Officials say a Rochester resident and a Sioux Falls, S.D., resident were critically hurt with gunshot wounds to the chest.17368186
Investigators are trying to figure out what happened. So far, witnesses and victims are not cooperating, or are claiming they didn't see anything. There have been no arrests.
Gang activity was not being ruled out.
Officials say there were at least two guns involved.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- M.S. Walk raising money for medical research
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies