BAUDETTE, Minn. (AP) - Five men are injured after an explosion in an ice fishing camper near Williams in far northern Minnesota.
Lake of the Woods County Sheriff Gary Fish says the propane furnace exploded and blew out the windows at 8 a.m. Sunday on the shore of Lake of the Woods at Zippel Bay.
KVLY-TV reports the victims are Rod Bolstad of Hillsboro, his sons Jacob and Joel Bolstad as well as Al Stokke and Willy Huotari.
All five were initially taken to a Baudette hospital and then airlifted to a Duluth burn center. Huotari and Rod and Jacob Bolstad were listed in critical condition Monday, Joel Bolstad was in serious condition and Stokke was in fair condition.
The men had stayed overnight in the privately owned camper-ice fishing house.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners