BAUDETTE, Minn. (AP) - Five men are injured after an explosion in an ice fishing camper near Williams in far northern Minnesota.
Lake of the Woods County Sheriff Gary Fish says the propane furnace exploded and blew out the windows at 8 a.m. Sunday on the shore of Lake of the Woods at Zippel Bay.
KVLY-TV reports the victims are Rod Bolstad of Hillsboro, his sons Jacob and Joel Bolstad as well as Al Stokke and Willy Huotari.
All five were initially taken to a Baudette hospital and then airlifted to a Duluth burn center. Huotari and Rod and Jacob Bolstad were listed in critical condition Monday, Joel Bolstad was in serious condition and Stokke was in fair condition.
The men had stayed overnight in the privately owned camper-ice fishing house.
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Dayton names new Minnesota State Lottery director
- Walker hopes Trump's tough talk catches Canada's attention
- Walker: Not my job to remove Sheriff Clarke after jail death
- Minnesota woman gets probation for supporting al-Shabab