CLINTONVILLE, Wis. (AP) - Waupaca County authorities say the heads of five horses were found on the property of a Clintonville woman who is now charged with neglecting five other horses.
A WSAW-TV report says 71-year-old Barbara Thiry faces 15 misdemeanor counts related to neglect.
The criminal complaint says Thiry's five horses are between the ages of 2 and 26. They were found malnourished without proper access to food, water or shelter.
Investigators interviewed a man who had bought Thiry's farm in Kewaunee County. He told them he found four horse heads inside the house and another behind the barn. He also found a horse carcass beneath 4 feet of manure in the barn.
No working phone number for Thiry could be found Saturday. Online court records did not list a defense attorney.
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Fort Lauderdale shooter says he carried out attack for ISIS, FBI claims
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers