CLINTONVILLE, Wis. (AP) - Waupaca County authorities say the heads of five horses were found on the property of a Clintonville woman who is now charged with neglecting five other horses.
A WSAW-TV report says 71-year-old Barbara Thiry faces 15 misdemeanor counts related to neglect.
The criminal complaint says Thiry's five horses are between the ages of 2 and 26. They were found malnourished without proper access to food, water or shelter.
Investigators interviewed a man who had bought Thiry's farm in Kewaunee County. He told them he found four horse heads inside the house and another behind the barn. He also found a horse carcass beneath 4 feet of manure in the barn.
No working phone number for Thiry could be found Saturday. Online court records did not list a defense attorney.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting