ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - The Minnesota Department of Public Safety reports about 400 DWI arrests over St. Patrick's Day weekend.
The preliminary arrest number was released Monday. The 400 total covers Saturday and Sunday, which was St. Patrick's Day.
That compares with 346 DWI arrests in Minnesota over St. Patrick's Day weekend last year, when St. Patrick's Day fell on a Saturday.
The State Patrol reports one traffic death on Sunday, but authorities don't know if alcohol was a factor.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser