ST. PAUL, MN (AP) - A third person injured in Minneapolis apartment building explosion has died, according to the Hennepin County Medical Examiner's office.
Twenty-nine-year-old Abdiqani Adan died Friday at the Hennepin County Medical Center, the office reports Saturday. Adan did not live in the building.
Abdi Qobey tells the St. Paul Pioneer Press he was sitting in bed watching television early on New Year's Day when he heard the "boom."
The walls crumbled around the 59-year-old, and the only illumination in the hallway outside his apartment came from flames.
He says a police officer outside his second-story window beckoned for him to jump.
Qobey suffered fractures in both legs and a back injury, but he says he's glad to be alive.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death