ST. PAUL, MN (AP) - A third person injured in Minneapolis apartment building explosion has died, according to the Hennepin County Medical Examiner's office.
Twenty-nine-year-old Abdiqani Adan died Friday at the Hennepin County Medical Center, the office reports Saturday. Adan did not live in the building.
Abdi Qobey tells the St. Paul Pioneer Press he was sitting in bed watching television early on New Year's Day when he heard the "boom."
The walls crumbled around the 59-year-old, and the only illumination in the hallway outside his apartment came from flames.
He says a police officer outside his second-story window beckoned for him to jump.
Qobey suffered fractures in both legs and a back injury, but he says he's glad to be alive.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies