LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Salvation Army's Red Kettle match day event this past weekend was a huge success.
The event grossed more than $34,000, which does not include all of the sponsors contributions.
There will be another match day on December 26. A community member who wishes to stay anonymous says he or she will match up to $5,000 of any check or cash donated in person.23636854
The donation must be made in person to the Salvation Army's administrative office in La Crosse.
Organizers say they have raised about 70-percent of their final goal. The Salvation Army hopes to raise $50,000 by the end of January.
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Prison launches service dog training program
- Heart disease survivor pushes forward
- Flooding affecting Memorial Day camping in La Crosse
- Father-son team arrested in Chicago-to-La Crosse drug trade, police say
- La Crosse Valley View Mall for sale by property owner
- Emergency responders take part in mass casualty drill at La Crosse airport
- Gehl Foods distributed nacho cheese linked to fatal botulism
- La Crosse Center approves 10-game schedule for pro basketball team
- City officials propose lower speed limit for Losey Blvd.