LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Salvation Army's Red Kettle match day event this past weekend was a huge success.
The event grossed more than $34,000, which does not include all of the sponsors contributions.
There will be another match day on December 26. A community member who wishes to stay anonymous says he or she will match up to $5,000 of any check or cash donated in person.23636854
The donation must be made in person to the Salvation Army's administrative office in La Crosse.
Organizers say they have raised about 70-percent of their final goal. The Salvation Army hopes to raise $50,000 by the end of January.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death