LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Salvation Army's Red Kettle match day event this past weekend was a huge success.
The event grossed more than $34,000, which does not include all of the sponsors contributions.
There will be another match day on December 26. A community member who wishes to stay anonymous says he or she will match up to $5,000 of any check or cash donated in person.23636854
The donation must be made in person to the Salvation Army's administrative office in La Crosse.
Organizers say they have raised about 70-percent of their final goal. The Salvation Army hopes to raise $50,000 by the end of January.
- Viroqua chef nominated for highest honor in restaurant industry
- State to contribute $5 million to La Crosse Center renovations
- La Crosse Fire Department investigating two early morning fires
- Police searching for man who robbed Holy Smokes at gun point
- Warmer than average temperatures benefit area businesses, ski tournaments
- Kayaker found in river near Winona identified
- Democrat Kind not ruling out run for governor against Walker
- Wisconsin lawmakers ditch plans to end daylight saving time
- JJ Watt donates $10K to fund for family in Hwy. 30 wreck
- Mardi Gras ball raises money for schools, names new rex, queen