LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Model railroad enthusiasts from all over the Midwest were in La Crosse over the weekend.
They are taking part in the 33rd annual La Crosse and Three Rivers Model Railroad Show. Exhibitors from four different states brought their model trains to the La Crosse Center. Along with train layouts, there was railroad art, dealers and door prizes. There was also a play area for kids and a Lego railroad layout.
The model railroad show is the longest running event at the La Crosse Center. "Back when they started the show they figured this was a good thing to do," says La Crosse Model Railroad President Mark Bell, "because there were a lot of people at that time into model railroading, we're trying to keep model railroading at the top of people's minds so that more young people get involved."
Along with model railroads, the event also featured doll houses and miniatures.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.