LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Model railroad enthusiasts from all over the Midwest were in La Crosse over the weekend.
They are taking part in the 33rd annual La Crosse and Three Rivers Model Railroad Show. Exhibitors from four different states brought their model trains to the La Crosse Center. Along with train layouts, there was railroad art, dealers and door prizes. There was also a play area for kids and a Lego railroad layout.
The model railroad show is the longest running event at the La Crosse Center. "Back when they started the show they figured this was a good thing to do," says La Crosse Model Railroad President Mark Bell, "because there were a lot of people at that time into model railroading, we're trying to keep model railroading at the top of people's minds so that more young people get involved."
Along with model railroads, the event also featured doll houses and miniatures.
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Company says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline
- Fatal shooting investigated in Bloomington