LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Model railroad enthusiasts from all over the Midwest were in La Crosse over the weekend.
They are taking part in the 33rd annual La Crosse and Three Rivers Model Railroad Show. Exhibitors from four different states brought their model trains to the La Crosse Center. Along with train layouts, there was railroad art, dealers and door prizes. There was also a play area for kids and a Lego railroad layout.
The model railroad show is the longest running event at the La Crosse Center. "Back when they started the show they figured this was a good thing to do," says La Crosse Model Railroad President Mark Bell, "because there were a lot of people at that time into model railroading, we're trying to keep model railroading at the top of people's minds so that more young people get involved."
Along with model railroads, the event also featured doll houses and miniatures.
- La Crosse County felony cases hit 20-year high
- 2017 Wisconsin gun deer hunt's complete guide
- Hunters prepare for gun-deer season
- More deer, younger hunters expected for Wisconsin gun season
- Representative Kind introduced bill to manage CWD
- Hunters in Trempealeau County to watch for ear tagged deer
- Champs again: Bangor Football
- Milwaukee unveils blueprint to prevent violence in the city
- Minnesota doctors face opioid prescribing limits
- Worker injured in Wisconsin cheese plant explosion, fire