ALMA CENTER, Wis. (WKBT) - Three tractors and a shed were destroyed in a fire at 11605 Avon Road just outside of Alma Center Friday morning, according to the Alma Center Fire Department.
Chief Jeff Gaede said no one was injured in the incident, which happened at about 8:30 a.m.
A father and son were doing chores outside and when they came back to their house, they noticed the tractor was on fire, Chief Gaede told News 8. The family told crews they had plugged their tractor in to keep it warm because the company was coming to fix it and they wanted to have it ready when they came.
Firefighters believe the tractor caught on fire, which then quickly spread to the rest of the shed, which housed two other tractors, tools and hay. The siding of the house next to the shed started melting due to the fire. The property is insured.
The Merrillan, Hixton and Black River Falls Fire Department assisted Alma firefighters. Alma Center First Responders also assisted with this incident.23876454
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says