CHETEK, Wis. (AP) - Authorities in northwestern Wisconsin say a driver collided with three horses that were on the roadway.
The driver was hospitalized with severe injuries. One horse was killed on impact, and the other two were euthanized because of the extent of their injuries.
The Barron County sheriff's department says the collision occurred late last week in the Town of Chetek. The driver was identified as a 22-year-old Holcombe man.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.