ZIMMERMAN, Minn. (AP) - Authorities in Sherburne County say a mother and her two children have been found dead in a home in Zimmerman, and police are not looking for suspects.
Sheriff Joel Brott says the bodies were discovered Sunday about 10 a.m. by a family member. He says all three people were dead when deputies arrived a few minutes after the discovery was reported.
The dead were identified Monday as 35-year-old Stephanie Shields, 7-year-old Nolan Shields and 6-year-old Josephine Shields. The bodies have been taken to the Ramsey County medical examiner's office for autopsies.
Zimmerman is about 40 miles northwest of Minneapolis.
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged Dec. 22 shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says
- Search resumes for girl missing in western Iowa river