WILLMAR, Minn. (AP) - Police have arrested a third teenager in the killing of a 79-year-old church volunteer found dead in her Willmar home earlier this week.
Kandiyohi County Sheriff Dan Hartog says a 17-year-old boy from Willmar was arrested early Thursday afternoon.
Hartog said earlier a 19-year-old man and a 16-year-old boy were arrested late Wednesday on suspicion of murder and burglary in the slaying of Lila Warwick. Both are from Willmar and remained in custody Thursday pending formal charges.
Preliminary autopsy results show Warwick had multiple stab wounds and neck injuries that were consistent with strangling. Warwick was found Monday after authorities went to her home to check on her.
Investigators do not believe the killing was random.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death