WILLMAR, Minn. (AP) - Police have arrested a third teenager in the killing of a 79-year-old church volunteer found dead in her Willmar home earlier this week.
Kandiyohi County Sheriff Dan Hartog says a 17-year-old boy from Willmar was arrested early Thursday afternoon.
Hartog said earlier a 19-year-old man and a 16-year-old boy were arrested late Wednesday on suspicion of murder and burglary in the slaying of Lila Warwick. Both are from Willmar and remained in custody Thursday pending formal charges.
Preliminary autopsy results show Warwick had multiple stab wounds and neck injuries that were consistent with strangling. Warwick was found Monday after authorities went to her home to check on her.
Investigators do not believe the killing was random.
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking
- Cool, wet conditions put damper on Minnesota spring planting
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Assignment: Education - Backpack meals