OTTUMWA, Iowa (AP) - The second murder trial for Seth Techel is scheduled to begin on Aug. 12.
The Ottumwa Courier reports that the trial will be held in Mount Pleasant instead of in Ottumwa. Prosecution and defense lawyers supported moving the trial because of extensive coverage of the case. Mount Pleasant is 38 miles from Ottumwa.
Techel is charged with murder and nonconsensual termination of a human pregnancy in connection with the death of his wife, Lisa Techel, and their unborn child. She was shot last May at their home near Agency.
In March an Ottumwa jury failed to reach a unanimous verdict, so the judge declared a mistrial.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US