OTTUMWA, Iowa (AP) - The second murder trial for Seth Techel is scheduled to begin on Aug. 12.
The Ottumwa Courier reports that the trial will be held in Mount Pleasant instead of in Ottumwa. Prosecution and defense lawyers supported moving the trial because of extensive coverage of the case. Mount Pleasant is 38 miles from Ottumwa.
Techel is charged with murder and nonconsensual termination of a human pregnancy in connection with the death of his wife, Lisa Techel, and their unborn child. She was shot last May at their home near Agency.
In March an Ottumwa jury failed to reach a unanimous verdict, so the judge declared a mistrial.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota