LA CROSSE, Wis. - The Coulee Region Humane Society reached the maximum monetary donation for its Valentine's Day kissing booth fundraiser.
More than 100 people participated in the event, which raised the maximum $250 by teaming up with Petfinder.com.
Community members could take pictures with an adoptable pet and give them a smooch. For every kiss, Petfinder.com donated $10 to the humane society. For every adoption, Petfinder donated $50. The maximum dollar amount was $250.
Coulee Region Humane Society Development and Marketing Coordinator Liz Meil says they're excited about the turnout and will release how animals were adopted as a result of the event on Friday afternoon.
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Luger plans to stay involved in counter-extremism efforts
- Another baby turned over under Iowa safe haven law
- I-94 eastbound near Eau Claire closed late Thursday due to crash
- Bond reduced in university student death case