LA CROSSE, Wis. - The Coulee Region Humane Society reached the maximum monetary donation for its Valentine's Day kissing booth fundraiser.
More than 100 people participated in the event, which raised the maximum $250 by teaming up with Petfinder.com.
Community members could take pictures with an adoptable pet and give them a smooch. For every kiss, Petfinder.com donated $10 to the humane society. For every adoption, Petfinder donated $50. The maximum dollar amount was $250.
Coulee Region Humane Society Development and Marketing Coordinator Liz Meil says they're excited about the turnout and will release how animals were adopted as a result of the event on Friday afternoon.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion