LA CROSSE, Wis. - A campaign to help families live a healthier lifestyle kicked off on Thursday.
The YMCA launched this year's Strong Kids Fundraising campaign.
Strong Kids makes classes and programs at the Y available to local kids and families who might not otherwise be able to afford them.
This year organizers are hoping to raise $400,000 to help with the ever growing need.
"Currently 1 in 4 of our 22,000 members participate at the Y either in programs or memberships through this financial assistance program," said Bill Soper, executive director for the YMCA, "last year we awarded about $1.2 million in direct financial assistance and that's so kids, adults, seniors, and families can participate at the Y."
Anyone interested in making a donation or helping with the campaign can call the Y at (608)782-9622.
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Monday closings due to weather
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser