LA CROSSE, Wis. - A campaign to help families live a healthier lifestyle kicked off on Thursday.
The YMCA launched this year's Strong Kids Fundraising campaign.
Strong Kids makes classes and programs at the Y available to local kids and families who might not otherwise be able to afford them.
This year organizers are hoping to raise $400,000 to help with the ever growing need.
"Currently 1 in 4 of our 22,000 members participate at the Y either in programs or memberships through this financial assistance program," said Bill Soper, executive director for the YMCA, "last year we awarded about $1.2 million in direct financial assistance and that's so kids, adults, seniors, and families can participate at the Y."
Anyone interested in making a donation or helping with the campaign can call the Y at (608)782-9622.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks