MADISON, Wis. - The 2012 Wisconsin State Capitol Ornament has been unveiled.
The ornament, which was made by the Chem Art Company of Rhode Island, features a replica of the State Capitol's glass tile mosaic, "Liberty." It's one of four mosaics located between the arches in the Capitol Rotunda.
The money from ornament sales go toward ongoing restoration of the Wisconsin State Capitol. The non-profit, Capitol Ornament program began nine years ago and has raised thousands of dollars for the State Capitol Restoration Fund.
The $16 ornament can be bought at the Wisconsin State Historical Society Gift Shop and online store, the Wisconsin State Capitol Information Desk and the Wisconsin State Veteran's Museum. They can also be purchased at the Monona Terrace Gift Shop, Johannsen's Greenhouse and Orange Tree Imports in Madison and Tis the Season Gift Shop in Middleton.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser