MADISON, Wis. - The 2012 Wisconsin State Capitol Ornament has been unveiled.
The ornament, which was made by the Chem Art Company of Rhode Island, features a replica of the State Capitol's glass tile mosaic, "Liberty." It's one of four mosaics located between the arches in the Capitol Rotunda.
The money from ornament sales go toward ongoing restoration of the Wisconsin State Capitol. The non-profit, Capitol Ornament program began nine years ago and has raised thousands of dollars for the State Capitol Restoration Fund.
The $16 ornament can be bought at the Wisconsin State Historical Society Gift Shop and online store, the Wisconsin State Capitol Information Desk and the Wisconsin State Veteran's Museum. They can also be purchased at the Monona Terrace Gift Shop, Johannsen's Greenhouse and Orange Tree Imports in Madison and Tis the Season Gift Shop in Middleton.
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance