OSHKOSH, WI (AP) - Oshkosh authorities say the couple who robbed a liquor store and later shot themselves to death were also suspects in a home burglary earlier this week.
An Oshkosh Northwestern Media report says deputies planned to speak to the pair about the jewelry theft but hadn't yet made contact.
Twenty-nine-year-old Randy T. Lamb and 28-year-old Ashley R. Luka died of self-inflicted gunshot wounds to the head Wednesday during a standoff with deputies. Authorities say they'd stolen about $600 from a liquor store a few hours earlier, and eventually killed themselves in their vehicle.
Winnebago County Sheriff's Capt. David Mack says Lamb and Luka were also suspected of stealing jewelry from a town of Vinland home on Tuesday. But the two died before deputies could interview them about that.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota