OSHKOSH, WI (AP) - Oshkosh authorities say the couple who robbed a liquor store and later shot themselves to death were also suspects in a home burglary earlier this week.
An Oshkosh Northwestern Media report says deputies planned to speak to the pair about the jewelry theft but hadn't yet made contact.
Twenty-nine-year-old Randy T. Lamb and 28-year-old Ashley R. Luka died of self-inflicted gunshot wounds to the head Wednesday during a standoff with deputies. Authorities say they'd stolen about $600 from a liquor store a few hours earlier, and eventually killed themselves in their vehicle.
Winnebago County Sheriff's Capt. David Mack says Lamb and Luka were also suspected of stealing jewelry from a town of Vinland home on Tuesday. But the two died before deputies could interview them about that.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks