MILWAUKEE (AP) - Two college students from Wisconsin are among this year's group of 32 Rhodes Scholars from the United States.
Drew A. Birrenkott, of McFarland, is a senior at the University of Wisconsin where he's majoring in biomedical engineering, biochemistry and political science.
Samuel M. Greene, of Spring Green, is a senior at the University of Chicago, where he'll graduate with a bachelor's degree in chemistry and a master's in physical chemistry.
The prestigious Rhodes Scholarships provide all expenses for two or three years of study at the University of Oxford in England.
Birrenkott is active with Engineers Without Borders and plans to focus on development studies at Oxford.
Greene will continue his work in physical chemistry. His research has involved biofuels and climate change.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death