MILWAUKEE (AP) - Two college students from Wisconsin are among this year's group of 32 Rhodes Scholars from the United States.
Drew A. Birrenkott, of McFarland, is a senior at the University of Wisconsin where he's majoring in biomedical engineering, biochemistry and political science.
Samuel M. Greene, of Spring Green, is a senior at the University of Chicago, where he'll graduate with a bachelor's degree in chemistry and a master's in physical chemistry.
The prestigious Rhodes Scholarships provide all expenses for two or three years of study at the University of Oxford in England.
Birrenkott is active with Engineers Without Borders and plans to focus on development studies at Oxford.
Greene will continue his work in physical chemistry. His research has involved biofuels and climate change.
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff