LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Two new La Crosse police officers were sworn in Monday morning.
Stephen Trussoni, who worked as a Civilian Service Employee of the department, and Ethan Purkapile, are the newest members of the La Crosse Police Department.
Both will be taking on duties as Community Policing Officers.
One position was opened thanks to a federal grant. The other came from a collaborative effort between Mayo Clinic Health System and the La Crosse Community Foundation.
Trussoni is a La Crosse native and recent Viterbo grad.
Purkapile worked as a deputy in Burnett county. He's excited to come to La Crosse.
"I love the La Crosse area, the bluffs, it's a gorgeous city. It's the perfect size. It's just an area that I've always enjoyed out of the entire state of Wisconsin. I love La Crosse," said Purkapile.
The two new officers will begin a 12 week training program before starting patrol.
- Area veterans visit cemeteries, honor fallen heroes
- Riverside Memorial Day ceremony honors sea-based service members
- Service members honored at La Crosse's Memorial Day ceremony
- La Crosse celebrates Memorial Day with annual parade
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Two people rescued from Onalaska Spillway
- C-FC senior has second chance at state gold
- Bauer's Market has busy weekend
- Arcadia hosts annual Broiler Days Parade
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable