LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Two new La Crosse police officers were sworn in Monday morning.
Stephen Trussoni, who worked as a Civilian Service Employee of the department, and Ethan Purkapile, are the newest members of the La Crosse Police Department.
Both will be taking on duties as Community Policing Officers.
One position was opened thanks to a federal grant. The other came from a collaborative effort between Mayo Clinic Health System and the La Crosse Community Foundation.
Trussoni is a La Crosse native and recent Viterbo grad.
Purkapile worked as a deputy in Burnett county. He's excited to come to La Crosse.
"I love the La Crosse area, the bluffs, it's a gorgeous city. It's the perfect size. It's just an area that I've always enjoyed out of the entire state of Wisconsin. I love La Crosse," said Purkapile.
The two new officers will begin a 12 week training program before starting patrol.
- Family to announce settlement in police shooting case
- Warm weather a worry for apple growers
- Organic conference returns to La Crosse
- Winning numbers drawn in 'Powerball' game
- WSU Baseball drafts 14-year-old for team
- City of La Crosse looks to crowdsource Buzz's Bikes fix
- Rochester might oust 200 students over vaccine requirements
- Trespass charges for man living in hospital closet
- Preschool teacher, 4-year-old recovering after ‘perfect kidney' transplant
- Dayton blasts Trump's transgender bathroom reversal