VERNON COUNTY, Wis. - Two men were injured in a farm machinery incident on Monday morning in the Town of Christiana, near Westby.
The Vernon County Sheriff's Department says Dean Mlsna, 56, of La Crosse, was operating a farm tractor, pulling a flat wagon on Tri-State Road at about 9:20 a.m. when he made a tight turn onto Nustad Road and two workers fell off the wagon and struck the roadway.
Mlsna was transporting the four temporary or seasonal farm workers from a farm on Liebakken Drive to a field for rock picking in preparation for spring crop planting, according to the sheriff's department.
Chia Mee Yang, 67 and Chue Yang, 46, both of La Crosse were transported to the Vernon Memorial Healthcare in Viroqua. Chue Yang was treated and released by late afternoon. Chia Mee Yang was transferred to Gundersen Health System in La Crosse.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners
- Representative Kind outlines goals for congressional session
- Debate over medical marijuana continues in Wisconsin
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers