VERNON COUNTY, Wis. - Authorities arrested two men in connection with at least two burglaries in the Village of Readstown.
The Vernon County Sheriff's Office says they recently received information that led to the arrest of Mark Allen Walter, 17, of Soldiers Grove, and Rick Allen Carter, 21, of Richland Center.
Authorities say the burglaries at Lil Deadwood Saloon in Readstown, Crazy Franks in Readstown, and pop machines in the Village of Readstown. The burglaries occurred February 2012 – April 2012.
Walter appeared in Vernon County Court on December 27 on one burglary charge. He is being held on a probation hold at the Vernon County Detention Center.
Carter appeared in Vernon County Court December 28 for a bond hearing.
- Suspect in Vernon Co. standoff in custody
- Assignment: Education - Backpack meals
- La Crosse County Health Department installs two needle drop off boxes in La Crosse
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Giving Motherhood a microphone
- Vikings say goodbye to Adrian Peterson, will see him Week 1 vs Saints
- La Crosse Recycling Fair begins this Sunday
- ‘Youth & Government Day' offers students insight into local government
- Quarry blast shakes ground throughout Mankato