LA CROSSE, WI - La Crosse police arrested two men inside a residence on 518 Car St. after discovering evidence of methamphetamine production on Tuesday.
Brandon Grosskopf, 27, of La Crosse, and Austin Bennett, 25, of Waukon, Iowa, face several drug charges.
Grosskopf was arrested for probation warrant, manufacture methamphetamine, and process methamphetamine materials. Bennett was arrested for manufacture methamphetamine, possess methamphetamine materials, obstructing an officer and probation warrant.
La Crosse police evacuated the residence for safety. Investigators served a search warrant and eventually safely removed the chemicals used for producing meth. Officers with the State Department of Criminal Investigations assisted La Crosse police with this incident.
Grosskopf and Bennett both have previous methamphetamine convictions and drug delivery charges. Grosskopf also has a weapons charge and violent convictions.
"It's repeat offender like this that pose a danger to our community and the officers that serve it," La Crosse Police Chief Ron Tischer said in a statement.21377068
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016