LA CROSSE, WI - La Crosse police arrested two men inside a residence on 518 Car St. after discovering evidence of methamphetamine production on Tuesday.
Brandon Grosskopf, 27, of La Crosse, and Austin Bennett, 25, of Waukon, Iowa, face several drug charges.
Grosskopf was arrested for probation warrant, manufacture methamphetamine, and process methamphetamine materials. Bennett was arrested for manufacture methamphetamine, possess methamphetamine materials, obstructing an officer and probation warrant.
La Crosse police evacuated the residence for safety. Investigators served a search warrant and eventually safely removed the chemicals used for producing meth. Officers with the State Department of Criminal Investigations assisted La Crosse police with this incident.
Grosskopf and Bennett both have previous methamphetamine convictions and drug delivery charges. Grosskopf also has a weapons charge and violent convictions.
"It's repeat offender like this that pose a danger to our community and the officers that serve it," La Crosse Police Chief Ron Tischer said in a statement.21377068
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviormental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game