LA CROSSE, Wis. - Two local students from the School District of La Crosse showed off their football talents at Lambeau Field before the Green Bay Packers-Minnesota Vikings game on Sunday.
North Woods International School third grader Jacy Weisbrod and Southern Bluffs fifth grader Rachel Peterson placed third in their respective age divisions at the Green Bay Packers team championship of the NFL Punt, Pass and Kick Contest.
"It was an exciting opportunity for the students and we are honored to celebrate their accomplishments with them," said Southern Bluffs Principal Lisa Schreiner.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017