BALSAM LAKE, WI (AP) - Authorities are asking for the public's help in finding a pickup truck that struck and killed two people in Polk County of western Wisconsin.
The sheriff's office says the pickup was southbound on Polk County Highway E through the Round Lake Native American Community when it struck and killed two males around 6:30 p.m. Saturday. Authorities say the driver stopped briefly before
The sheriff's office says the two males were involved in a fight at a nearby residence that carried over onto the roadway just before they were struck. Their names have not been released.
Authorities are looking for a dark-colored pickup, possibly a Ford, that might have had amber warning lights. Witnesses reported a blue barrel in the box of the truck and at least two occupants.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse