MOORHEAD, Minn. (AP) - The State Patrol has identified two people killed in blizzard-like conditions on Interstate 94 in western Minnesota.
Authorities say Judith Reid and Sean Ray died in a four-vehicle crash near Barnesville Monday. Both were 49 and from Minnetonka.
The State Patrol says visibility was at or near zero when the crash happened. Investigators say Reid was trying to pass between a semi and a snowplow when her vehicle made contact with both trucks and was hit by a pickup truck.
KARE-TV says a 16-year-old passenger in the couple's vehicle is hospitalized with serious injuries. The pickup driver suffered minor injuries. The drivers of the semi and snowplow weren't hurt.
- Trump's inauguration, weekend protests: What to know
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says
- Search resumes for girl missing in western Iowa river
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December