SIOUX CITY, Iowa (AP) - Two Sioux City residents have been accused of robbing and torturing a man at their apartment.
Police say 33-year-old Melissa Lowe and 32-year-old Brandon Keleher were arrested Saturday morning. Online court records say they're both charged with two felonies: willful injury and robbery.
Officers were sent to the apartment after a neighbor complained about a disturbance there. The officers say they found a man who'd been stabbed and burned with a kitchen utensil that had been heated.
The man said he'd met the couple Friday night. He was taken to a hospital for treatment, and he was released later.
Lowe and Keleher remained in Woodbury County custody on Monday. Online court records don't list the names of their attorneys.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather