TOWN of UNION, Wis. - Two people were injured in a single vehicle rollover crash on Saturday after the driver fell asleep behind the wheel in the Town of Union, according to the Vernon County Sheriff's Office.
Authorities say James Porter, 70, of Viroqua, fell asleep behind the wheel while driving on State Highway 82 just west of Muncie Road at about 2 p.m. Saturday. The vehicle left the roadway and overturned into a field.
The sheriff's office said Porter and his passenger Kathleen Retzlaff, 60, of Viroqua, were both injured from the crash. They were transported and treated at a hospital in Hillsboro. Authorities said they were not wearing a seatbelts.
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Wisconsin Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract