TOWN of UNION, Wis. - Two people were injured in a single vehicle rollover crash on Saturday after the driver fell asleep behind the wheel in the Town of Union, according to the Vernon County Sheriff's Office.
Authorities say James Porter, 70, of Viroqua, fell asleep behind the wheel while driving on State Highway 82 just west of Muncie Road at about 2 p.m. Saturday. The vehicle left the roadway and overturned into a field.
The sheriff's office said Porter and his passenger Kathleen Retzlaff, 60, of Viroqua, were both injured from the crash. They were transported and treated at a hospital in Hillsboro. Authorities said they were not wearing a seatbelts.
- The Latest: Trump take executive action on oil pipelines
- Minnesota governor eyes fast return to work after collapse
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Bipartisan proposal would eliminate publishing minutes
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child arrested in NY
- Section of riverbank collapses near City Hall in Des Moines