TOWNSHIP of BYRON, Wis. - Two people were injured in a motorcycle crash on CTH ET and Fortune Road in the Township of Byron Sunday night.
The Monroe County Sheriff's Department says both men suffered non-life-threatening injuries after their motorcycles collided at about 5:30 p.m.
Authorities say Martin Waltemath, 64, of Tomah, was traveling west on CTH ET on his motorcycle when he slowed down to avoid hitting two ducks that were crossing the road. Brent Retzlaff, 65, of Tomah, did not see Waltemath slow down and struck the back of his motorcycle.
Retzlaff lost control and tipped his motorcycle on its side in the middle of CTH ET, deputies say. Waltemath also lost control of his motorcycle and went off the south side of the road and ended up in a water-filled ditch.
Both men received non-life-threatening injuries. Retzlaff was transported to Tomah Memorial Hospital. Authorities say Waltemath sought medical attention on his own.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death