TOWNSHIP of BYRON, Wis. - Two people were injured in a motorcycle crash on CTH ET and Fortune Road in the Township of Byron Sunday night.
The Monroe County Sheriff's Department says both men suffered non-life-threatening injuries after their motorcycles collided at about 5:30 p.m.
Authorities say Martin Waltemath, 64, of Tomah, was traveling west on CTH ET on his motorcycle when he slowed down to avoid hitting two ducks that were crossing the road. Brent Retzlaff, 65, of Tomah, did not see Waltemath slow down and struck the back of his motorcycle.
Retzlaff lost control and tipped his motorcycle on its side in the middle of CTH ET, deputies say. Waltemath also lost control of his motorcycle and went off the south side of the road and ended up in a water-filled ditch.
Both men received non-life-threatening injuries. Retzlaff was transported to Tomah Memorial Hospital. Authorities say Waltemath sought medical attention on his own.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership