WEST ALLIS, Wis. (AP) - Officials say two people have died in a duplex fire in the Milwaukee suburb of West Allis.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that officials believe the victims were children. Officials say two other minors have been hospitalized.
Police say the fire was reported in the upper level of the duplex shortly after 3:30 a.m.
West Allis Mayor Dan Devine says it's "truly tragic." He says it just makes him want to hug his kids, who are 5 and 8 years old.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation. Names of the victims have not been released.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death