WEST ALLIS, Wis. (AP) - Officials say two people have died in a duplex fire in the Milwaukee suburb of West Allis.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that officials believe the victims were children. Officials say two other minors have been hospitalized.
Police say the fire was reported in the upper level of the duplex shortly after 3:30 a.m.
West Allis Mayor Dan Devine says it's "truly tragic." He says it just makes him want to hug his kids, who are 5 and 8 years old.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation. Names of the victims have not been released.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse