WAYZATA, Minn. (AP) -- - Two people recovered from a car that broke through the ice on Lake Minnetonka have died.
The sheriff's office says a man and his 30s and an elderly woman died Saturday at Hennepin County Medical Center. They were both from Maple Grove. Their names have not been released.
Dispatchers got a call around 2:30 p.m. Saturday from a man in a car that was sinking in Lake Minnetonka, under the Gray's Bay Bridge in a channel of the lake.
Divers recovered him from the submerged car, and he was helicoptered to HCMC.
The woman was recovered and taken by ambulance to HCMC.
The sheriff's office says it's extremely dangerous to drive or walk on channels and pressure ridges on Minnetonka. Fourteen vehicles have broken through the ice there this winter.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership