WILLMAR, Minn. (AP) - Authorities say two people have been arrested in the slaying of a 79-year-old church volunteer found dead in her Willmar home.
Kandiyohi County Sheriff Dan Hartog tells the West Central Tribune that a 19-year-old man and a 16-year-old boy were arrested late Wednesday on suspicion of murder and burglary. Both are from Willmar.
Lila Warwick was found Monday in her home after sheriff's deputies went to check on her welfare. She was a volunteer at Redeemer Lutheran Church and Hartog has said someone from the church had asked authorities to look in on her.
A preliminary autopsy shows she had multiple stab wounds and neck injuries consistent with strangulation.
The two suspects are in custody pending formal charges.
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says