WILLMAR, Minn. (AP) - Authorities say two people have been arrested in the slaying of a 79-year-old church volunteer found dead in her Willmar home.
Kandiyohi County Sheriff Dan Hartog tells the West Central Tribune that a 19-year-old man and a 16-year-old boy were arrested late Wednesday on suspicion of murder and burglary. Both are from Willmar.
Lila Warwick was found Monday in her home after sheriff's deputies went to check on her welfare. She was a volunteer at Redeemer Lutheran Church and Hartog has said someone from the church had asked authorities to look in on her.
A preliminary autopsy shows she had multiple stab wounds and neck injuries consistent with strangulation.
The two suspects are in custody pending formal charges.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US