LA CROSSE, Wis. - La Crosse police arrested two people in connection to a drive-by shooting on early Monday morning.
Police say two shots were fired into a house on the 2200 block of Kane Street at 2:17 a.m. No one was struck or injured.
Someone called 911 and gave police a description of the suspect's vehicle, which was later discovered had been stolen in the City of La Crosse.
A La Crosse police officer saw the vehicle on Winneshiek Rd. and tried to pursue it. The vehicle ended up in a snow bank in a dead end on St. James Street. The driver and passenger ran away.18503944
Police later arrested Eric Loomis, 31, and Michael Vang, 27. Loomis faces the following charges: recklessly endangering safety (party to crime), knowingly fleeing an officer, operate motor vehicle without owners consent (party to crime), possession of a firearm-felon (party to crime), probation violation and resisting arrest. Vang faces the following charges: recklessly endangering safety, operate motor vehicle without owner consent, possession with intent to deliver-methamphetamine, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of a firearm-felon, resisting arrest and probation violation.
Officers recovered a sawed off 12 gauge shotgun in the vehicle along with two empty shotgun casings and several live rounds.
Police say the drive-by shooting does not appear to be a random incident.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016