RACINE, Wis. (AP) - Two employees of a Racine child care center are facing felony child abuse charges.
Police say a video surfaced on social media that shows three young children restraining and beating a 2-year-old boy at the Bundle of Blessings Kid Kare center last month.
Sgt. Jessie Metoyer says one of the employees, a 22-year-old Caledonia woman, is the mother of two of the children who physically assaulted the toddler. Metoyer says the three children, ages unknown, held down the 2-year-old and punched and kicked him. Police say the video was taken by one of the two women.
The Caledonia woman and a 23-year-old Racine woman are each charged with child abuse by failing to prevent bodily harm. Both women are due in court Friday afternoon.
Metoyer says the 2-year-old is doing OK.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Minnesota city to unleash goats on invasive plants