RACINE, Wis. (AP) - Two employees of a Racine child care center are facing felony child abuse charges.
Police say a video surfaced on social media that shows three young children restraining and beating a 2-year-old boy at the Bundle of Blessings Kid Kare center last month.
Sgt. Jessie Metoyer says one of the employees, a 22-year-old Caledonia woman, is the mother of two of the children who physically assaulted the toddler. Metoyer says the three children, ages unknown, held down the 2-year-old and punched and kicked him. Police say the video was taken by one of the two women.
The Caledonia woman and a 23-year-old Racine woman are each charged with child abuse by failing to prevent bodily harm. Both women are due in court Friday afternoon.
Metoyer says the 2-year-old is doing OK.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration