LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Two La Crosse police officers have begun their assignment as Neighborhood Response Officers (NRO).
Tyler Pond and Casey Kamps will focus on La Crosse's Northside neighborhood.
A federal grant and public-private collaboration made the NRO positions possible in 2014. These officers are assigned a specific neighborhood, with the intent to work more closely and develop a better relationship with citizens, businesses and organizations in that neighborhood.
- Wisconsin Revenue Department touts anti-fraud efforts
- The Latest: Wisconsin superintendent hopefuls hold forum
- Two found dead near Oshkosh during welfare check
- Republican proposes raising UW tuition by inflation, income
- New budget forecast coming Tuesday
- Candidates for Wisconsin superintendent face off at forum
- Dayton administration proposes more energy from renewables
- Lawmakers push for hemp comeback in Wisconsin
- Senate to vote on ending ban on Sunday liquor sales
- Injured men flee car crash, one dies