LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Two La Crosse police officers have begun their assignment as Neighborhood Response Officers (NRO).
Tyler Pond and Casey Kamps will focus on La Crosse's Northside neighborhood.
A federal grant and public-private collaboration made the NRO positions possible in 2014. These officers are assigned a specific neighborhood, with the intent to work more closely and develop a better relationship with citizens, businesses and organizations in that neighborhood.
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Wisconsin's youth prison hit with another lawsuit
- Minnesota lawmaker aims to make it harder to avoid vaccines
- 2-year-old Milwaukee boy accidentally shoots self
- The Latest: Lawmakers work through the night on state budget
- Man pleads not guilty in deadly Iowa jail escape
- Man accused of killing parents, sister, pleads not guilty
- Senators want hearing aids available over the counter
- Iowa man found mentally fit to stand trial in double murder
- Iowa court offices to be closed Friday due to budget cuts