LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Two La Crosse police officers have begun their assignment as Neighborhood Response Officers (NRO).
Tyler Pond and Casey Kamps will focus on La Crosse's Northside neighborhood.
A federal grant and public-private collaboration made the NRO positions possible in 2014. These officers are assigned a specific neighborhood, with the intent to work more closely and develop a better relationship with citizens, businesses and organizations in that neighborhood.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners