DULUTH, Minn. (AP) - A man convicted of fatally punching a man outside a bar in St. Louis County has been sentenced to a maximum 18 years in prison.
Paul Welle knocked Dale Anderson onto a concrete slab outside the Powerhouse Bar in Proctor last November. Testimony at trial indicated Anderson was trying to protect a woman from Welle's unwanted advances.
A jury in September found the 33-year-old Elk River man guilty of second-degree murder and first-degree manslaughter. The Duluth News Tribune reports Welle ran from the scene of the crime, then told investigators Anderson attacked him first and that he was defending himself.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure