TOWN of VIROQUA, Wis. - One person was injured in a two-vehicle crash that happened on East Tri-State Road west of Gilbertson Road in the Town of Viroqua Thursday morning.
The Vernon County Sherriff's Department says Lerie Alstad Van Ells of rural Westby was traveling west on East Old Town road at about 7:30 a.m. when her vehicle crossed the center line and struck an on-coming vehicle driven by Lucas S. Liles of LaFarge.
The department says Van Ells was injured and transported to Vernon Memorial Hospital and later transferred to Gundersen Lutheran Hospital in La Crosse. The extent of Van Ells' injuries are unknown at this time.
Both people involved in the crash were wearing seatbelts. Liles was not injured.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death