MADISON, Wis. (AP) - One man is dead and his brother is in custody after a shooting on Madison's near east side Monday night, authorities said.
Authorities said a 33-year-old man was shot in the 1300 block of East Wilson Street around 7 p.m.
The situation is being classified as a domestic incident, police said. The victim's brother, also in his 30s, is in custody on a tentative charge of felon in possession of a firearm.
Officials said the victim was shot at least once.
An autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday morning.
- Holmen teen facing attempted homicide charge following stabbing
- La Crosse Police Department sees increase in applicants
- Wisconsin Revenue Department touts anti-fraud efforts
- The Latest: Wisconsin superintendent hopefuls hold forum
- Two found dead near Oshkosh during welfare check
- Northside McDonald's temporarily closes due to relocation
- Previous mild winters help this year's snow budget
- Stripper sues club in popular tourist destination
- Appeals court won't put Trump's travel ban case on hold
- Pocan bringing immigrant to Trump's congressional speech