MADISON, Wis. (AP) - One man is dead and his brother is in custody after a shooting on Madison's near east side Monday night, authorities said.
Authorities said a 33-year-old man was shot in the 1300 block of East Wilson Street around 7 p.m.
The situation is being classified as a domestic incident, police said. The victim's brother, also in his 30s, is in custody on a tentative charge of felon in possession of a firearm.
Officials said the victim was shot at least once.
An autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday morning.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners