MADISON, Wis. (AP) - One man is dead and his brother is in custody after a shooting on Madison's near east side Monday night, authorities said.
Authorities said a 33-year-old man was shot in the 1300 block of East Wilson Street around 7 p.m.
The situation is being classified as a domestic incident, police said. The victim's brother, also in his 30s, is in custody on a tentative charge of felon in possession of a firearm.
Officials said the victim was shot at least once.
An autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday morning.
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- La Crosse Loggers host open house at newly renovated Lumberyard
- Onalaska removing brick crosswalks on Highway 35
- La Crosse Central holds 95th Memorial Day ceremony
- La Crosse school officials prepare for Summer Food Service Program
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 26, 2017
- 10 inmates escape from Minnesota prison; 1 still on the lam
- Wisconsin Corrections Department closes internal unit
- State delays release of comments on Walker's Medicaid plans