TEN LAKES TOWNSHIP, Minn. (AP) - Sheriff's officials in northern Minnesota say a large brawl fueled by alcohol has left one man dead and two other people with serious injuries.
Beltrami County deputies and Leech Lake tribal officers responded twice to a residence near Bemidji Thursday evening. Sheriff Phil Hodapp says the first time deputies found about 15 extremely drunk people, including two with blood-alcohol levels that could have been fatal.
He says the gathering later devolved into a drunken brawl. Forty-four-year-old Leslie Headbird was pronounced dead at a hospital. A male and female were also hospitalized, and Hodapp says they'll probably be released this weekend.
Authorities say two suspects have been arrested, including an 18-year-old man who allegedly tried to break into a home and also carjack a vehicle.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks