TEN LAKES TOWNSHIP, Minn. (AP) - Sheriff's officials in northern Minnesota say a large brawl fueled by alcohol has left one man dead and two other people with serious injuries.
Beltrami County deputies and Leech Lake tribal officers responded twice to a residence near Bemidji Thursday evening. Sheriff Phil Hodapp says the first time deputies found about 15 extremely drunk people, including two with blood-alcohol levels that could have been fatal.
He says the gathering later devolved into a drunken brawl. Forty-four-year-old Leslie Headbird was pronounced dead at a hospital. A male and female were also hospitalized, and Hodapp says they'll probably be released this weekend.
Authorities say two suspects have been arrested, including an 18-year-old man who allegedly tried to break into a home and also carjack a vehicle.
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests