WAUNAKEE, Wis. (AP) - Authorities believe alcohol was a factor in an early morning crash that killed one man and left another seriously injured.
The Dane County Sheriff's Office says the crash happened shortly before 2 a.m. Saturday in the Township of Westport.
A preliminary investigation shows a 26-year-old man was driving eastbound on State Highway 19 when he missed the curve at Walter Drive. The 2004 Acura hit a mailbox and a large tree then stopped in a farm field.
A 28-year-old man who was a passenger in the front seat died in the crash. Authorities say he was not wearing a seat belt.
The driver was wearing a seat belt. He had to be extricated from the vehicle and was flown to the hospital with life threatening injuries.
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East