MILWAUKEE (AP) - A 39-year-old man is dead and a second person is in critical condition after a hit-and-run on the south side of Milwaukee.
Police say the two victims were crossing the street just after 10 p.m. Saturday when a white GMC conversion van with a ladder rack on top struck them.
Police are searching for the van, which should have front-end damage. Anyone with information about the van or the hit-and-run driver is asked to call the Milwaukee Police Department.
The names of the victims were not immediately released.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016