DUBUQUE, Iowa (AP) - Bond has been set at $1.1 million for a Dubuque man who's accused of killing a 2-year-old who'd been left in his care.
The Dubuque Telegraph Herald says a $750,000 bail was set during a video court appearance Tuesday for 34-year-old Nicholas Reed. The bail is in addition to $350,000 bail set after Reed was arrested on neglect and drug charges.
Bentley Randall's mother had taken him to a Dubuque hospital on Nov. 23 for treatment of submersion burns and head trauma. The boy died at a hospital in Iowa City on Sunday.
Police say Bentley's mother had left him with Reed, her boyfriend, when she went to work. She took the boy to the hospital when she returned.
Online court records don't list the name of Reed's attorney.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns