DUBUQUE, Iowa (AP) - Bond has been set at $1.1 million for a Dubuque man who's accused of killing a 2-year-old who'd been left in his care.
The Dubuque Telegraph Herald says a $750,000 bail was set during a video court appearance Tuesday for 34-year-old Nicholas Reed. The bail is in addition to $350,000 bail set after Reed was arrested on neglect and drug charges.
Bentley Randall's mother had taken him to a Dubuque hospital on Nov. 23 for treatment of submersion burns and head trauma. The boy died at a hospital in Iowa City on Sunday.
Police say Bentley's mother had left him with Reed, her boyfriend, when she went to work. She took the boy to the hospital when she returned.
Online court records don't list the name of Reed's attorney.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners