LA CROSSE, Wis, (WKBT) - A hearing is set for April 7 for Eric Koula as he and his attorneys appeal his homicide conviction.
Koula is serving a life sentence for killing his parents at their home in 2010.
In the appeal, Koula's attorneys say the judge wrongly excluded evidence and gave the jury unclear instructions regarding testimony made outside the courtroom.
The La Crosse County D-A asked for the appeal to be thrown out.
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Fort Lauderdale shooter says he carried out attack for ISIS, FBI claims
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers