LA CROSSE, Wis, (WKBT) - A hearing is set for April 7 for Eric Koula as he and his attorneys appeal his homicide conviction.
Koula is serving a life sentence for killing his parents at their home in 2010.
In the appeal, Koula's attorneys say the judge wrongly excluded evidence and gave the jury unclear instructions regarding testimony made outside the courtroom.
The La Crosse County D-A asked for the appeal to be thrown out.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Minnesota city to unleash goats on invasive plants