LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Area veterans will be able to fest for free this fall.
Oktoberfest is partnering with LHI to get members of the military, veterans, and their spouses into the fest grounds free of charge this year.
LHI is covering the admissions cost for the special buttons, which feature an American flag to recognize those who are serving or have served our country.
"For us to allow the veterans to come in and enjoy Oktoberfest and not have to worry about the cost it really is a great partnership and its great for La Crosse aswell because they are going to bring other friends and family members so its a win win for all of us."
Oktoberfest buttons usually cost $10.
You can pick up the special veterans buttons at the Oktoberfest office at the corner of Second and La Crosse Streets.
There is a limit of two buttons per person, and you'll need to show an active military or veterans ID to get them.
A total of 1,000 special veterans buttons are being made, but officials say they'll make more if necessary.
- Water-damaged cars from Hurricane Harvey may end up for sale locally
- Ethics complaint against Town of Campbell Chair withdrawn
- Trempealeau Co. officials upset with DA, turn to Walker
- Two La Crosse businesses receive Travel Green Wisconsin awards for green practices
- Xcel Energy teaches about bioenergy production in La Crosse
- Senate committee to vote on hemp farming bill
- Wisconsin agency leaders working on problems in Foxconn deal
- Minnesota files Amazon bid; offers no details
- Report: $5.4 million in questionable UW transactions
- Walker rides Harley, jogs in new video touting record