LA CROSSE, Wis. (AP) - About 150 people are expected to gather in La Crosse next month for the state birding convention.
The Wisconsin Society for Ornithology Convention will be headquartered at Myrick Hixon EcoPark in La Crosse.
The convention will include bird watching field trips, bird walks, special speakers, a silent auction to support The Mississippi Valley Conservancy, and a convention banquet.
The group's 72nd annual convention will run from May 12 to May 15.
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged Dec. 22 shooting
- Wisconsin student wants sex charges dismissed
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says
- Search resumes for girl missing in western Iowa river
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run