LA CROSSE, Wis. (AP) - About 150 people are expected to gather in La Crosse next month for the state birding convention.
The Wisconsin Society for Ornithology Convention will be headquartered at Myrick Hixon EcoPark in La Crosse.
The convention will include bird watching field trips, bird walks, special speakers, a silent auction to support The Mississippi Valley Conservancy, and a convention banquet.
The group's 72nd annual convention will run from May 12 to May 15.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse