LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse is participating in a state-wide celebration showing off the importance of its downtown areas.
The first ever Wisconsin Main Street Day will highlight how downtown areas and businesses affect local economies.
At Tuesday's event, La Crosse will also be celebrating the completed first phase of the $68 million Belle Square development. State leaders will also be in La Crosse for the event.
La Crosse's Downtown Mainstreet Incorporated says there is a lot to celebrate locally.
"Downtown La Crosse, like I said, has just been booming in the last 2 to 5 years, and that vitality is important to all of us who live here in our community,” said Downtown Mainstreet Executive Director Robin Moses.
La Crosse's Main Street Day celebration is free and open to the public. You can join city and state leaders Tuesday at Belle Square along 3rd Street, starting at 1 p.m.
- Republicans say Democratic governor could block Foxconn
- Body found in woods identified as missing teenager
- 13 train cars derailed north of La Crescent Sunday
- Legislators to take comments on relaxing air pollution rules
- Wisconsin school, district report cards issued for 2016-17
- Some school performance reports called into question
- Democratic lawmakers tour Wisconsin juvenile prisons
- Hamilton Elementary students eat their way through the alphabet with the ABC Feast
- Holmen students eat ham raised by Holmen FFA club
- Isle La Plume Yard Waste & Brush site closing for rest of the year