LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse Symphony Orchestra hosted its Play It Forward event at Valley View Mall Saturday.
Through the event, the organization is aiming to collect as many lightly used musical instruments for area music students.
After donations, the instruments are refurbished and then donated to the La Crosse School District.
Nearly 50 instruments were donated during Saturday's event while over 100 instruments have been collected over the last three years.
A portion of the donated string instruments are given to the Boys and Girls Club of Greater La Crosse.
- Walker to launch re-election campaign Nov. 5 in Waukesha
- Part of Market Street, La Crosse closed for utility work
- Water-damaged cars from Hurricane Harvey may end up for sale locally
- Wisconsin prison head says more space needed
- Hall of Fame QB Bart Starr to attend Packers game vs. Saints
- Minnesota State considers changing tuition policy
- Watt brothers' Badgers bobblehead unveiled
- Receptionist's family sues over fatal Minnesota school blast
- Iowa City bans smoking, chewing tobacco in all city parks
- Search to resume for missing boater